Monday, January 25, 2010

Ottoman and Crock-pot!!!!!!

Hey all!
Sorry for lack of updates! Just been busy with resume applications and the like. I'm happy to say, that I've applied to the following places.
Walmart
Bestbuy
Michaels
Home Outfitters
Ikea
Blockbuster
Shoppers Drug Mart
Planet Organic market
and 6 other online applications for receptionist jobs. Some are dental and others are warehouse data entry clerk positions.

I really hope I get one, two or more jobs so I don't have to cut out some of the simple joys in life. Mmmm oreos!! lol!

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a storage piece that I've been pining after from XS Cargo. It's this gorgeous Ottoman Large Storage Piece.
http://www.shopxscargo.com/product_catalogue/cat_product_details.asp?category_id=9&product_code=25846&sub_category_1_id=27&category=Accent%20Furniture

I've uploaded some photos from my phone, sadly I didn't have my camera to take these pictures. My sister and my dad went to a wedding in Vancouver and took my camera to take videos and pictures. =) Thus, me being stuck with my phone camera.


I've definitely been in love with this piece of furniture for a long time, mostly due to it's diversity. I'm a big fan of sitting on a block of furniture that has no backing. It's fun and I think it's due to nostalgic childhood memories of grandma's leather cube foot rest.

This it what my grandma's old foot rest looked like just in black faux leather but it wasn't exactly a cube lol! I'm pretty sure it was more a rectangular prism that wanted to be a cube.


This is one awesome storage unit, Joel likes to tease me and say "NOW I CAN PUT MY TOYS IN IT!" That kid! Grrrr! LOL! I want to use it only for throws that can be used to keep us warm when playing games or watching movies. If necessary, I'll put winter things there so it's easy to grab when leaving the door. But there tends to be a lot of
trial and error when new things are added in your home. "Where to properly put it for optimum use." "What to use it for, put things in etc." No doubt those questions that won't be answered in a single day.


As of now it looks like this is a good place to put it. I'll just move it around when I work out in the living room. Which btw, I need to get on that! Working out that is...*sad sigh* I've been a slacker and I highly doubt my team-leader T-kins will be too happy about my lack of progress! lol!

In any case I've been looking at getting a slow cooker, mainly because I don't want to keep wasting my energy on using stoves to cook things...and bake things. It uses way too much energy and Joel and I are putting lots of effort into saving money. This is the best way when it comes to our day to day use of energy, cooking eats it up hands down.

So looking at a slow cooker, I've checked out Walmart and WOOHOO there was one for $13, 2 heat settings and it's 1.5 qts (?). Super teeny tiny lol! Too cute and perfect for 2 person meal. We definitely don't need super huge 6qt sizes ... or do we!? =)

Looking at the 6qt Crock Pot I do like the feature the 6qt has that automatically shifts to "warm" when it's finished the cooking cycle. Which is great! Especially if I'll be working my part time job and coming home late. But yeah, it'll cost more than $13...I believe it's approx $40? Which isn't all bad. Especially if I'll save money on the energy bill AND time. I'll decide after I talk to Joel.

ALRIGHT! Now to work out! *fist pump*
Like Di advised, 1 hr cardio each day! Today's the (re)start of a CONTINUOUS work out schedule! GO SELF-MOTIVATION!

xoxo
Tz

2 comments:

Chowmut said...

I like the idea of an ottomon trunk! People can sit on it and it can store extra blankets. Very cute! Good luck on the job hunt!

aiwun said...

omg i WANT THAT!! xscargo here i come! I hope the edmonton one has it ..
i'd like put all my video games n stuff there ..

slow cooker .. i've never used one. you n stephie have mentioned it before and i'm curious how you use it ...