Evening all, there was an incident today that struck me as to how stupid people can be.
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, apologizing before others can find fault in things I do or say in order to keep a smooth relationship going.
Today I was unable to prevent that situation from happening. Here's the situation, we live across the street from a house with 3 trucks and beside that house is another house that has no vehicles. We've always parked in front of the house that has no vehicles out of courtesy. We have never had complaints from anyone of our neighbors about our choice of parking. Today the neighbors across the street had a spot open in front of their truck but we had parked behind it which ended up being in front of the house with no vehicles anyways. When Adam and Sue came home to a black truck parked in both our and their spot in front of our duplex, Sue and I went to the neighbors across the street to ask them to move their vehicle. The lady we talked to was cordial and easy to talk to, agreed to switch parking spots with Joel's car and their truck. Granted Joel's car wasn't even IN anyone's way, there was PLENTY of room in front of their second vehicle for their truck to park. When a different lady came out to move her car, I was about to apologize for the misunderstanding, but her first response was "You guys always park in front of our house." I was taken a back. I responded with "Excuse me?!" "You guys always park in front of our house." I was appalled not ONCE have I ever taken their spot. I was quite unhappy about that accusation so I proceeded to explain why my vehicle wasn't in it's normal parking spot. There was road construction and that's why we parked across the street. She proceeded to just accuse us of always parking in their spots, which is completely bogus seeing as we're obviously not parked there now nor have we ever! When I tried to explain once more she just got into her vehicle and left. NOT only did she leave mid argument, after STARTING the argument, she even parked in the open space in front of her other vehicle. WHICH DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF MAKING JOEL MOVE HIS CAR. It was never in anyone's way! I was furious. Not only did she want to start a fight, but she didn't have the guts to finish it! So stupid!
*sigh* It bothers me that neighbors aren't actually willing to give others the benefit of the doubt, they will always resort to being confrontational with no solid proof for any accusations. It's painful to watch others do / say stupid things in effort to "be right" for the sake of "being right".....very frustrating.
Moving on...
On Friday, I was getting ready to go coach Joel's school badminton team. I was showering at around 2pm. Near the end of my shower....the lights go out!!!! I'm stuck showering in the DARK! When I pulled back the curtain to grab the towel...the door was illuminated by the afternoon sun! IT'S LIKE OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE! LOL! So scary!!!
Anyways, work's going to be GREAT! I'll be working on my own again from Tuesday until Thursday. Friday I get off, and Joel and I'll probably be visiting Wetaskiwin for that weekend. I also get Monday off next week, so that will be nice. :)
Oh oh oh!!! MY FAMILY'S IN TOWN! :) They arrived Friday night. My sister, Mom and Dad AND MY DOGS came to Calgary! :) Yay! It's kind of nice to have a full house of people now. Sometimes it gets too quiet with just Joel and me alone at home. My family's staying probably until Tuesday night, I hope it's not going to be much of a distraction. I hope to only work till about 5pm maybe 6pm if it's necessary. I would really like to get off earlier, but work may not allow for it. :( I really really missed my family and my dogs. I didn't realize it until I see them again lol! It seems to always happen that way. I'll really only miss my friends and family when I see them in person again lol! Strange I guess? :)
On Saturday we held a presentation for my coworkers about my financial services business and was able to obtain some great feedback from those who did come. Sadly I invited 11 people and only 3 showed. Granted those are the numbers, but it is kind of disheartening! It still felt productive, that and it was my first time presenting! WOOHOO! lol!
Anyways bed time! Cheerio lovelies!
xoxo
Tracy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wait so the lady that owns 3 trucks accused you of parking in front of their place "all the time" ?? wow .. what a douche ....... lady needs to get that #@%! out of her @$$ ... sigh ..
why'd the lights go out!?!?! WHY!??!
oo you coach badminton!? aww tracy youre so awesome!!
LOL! People. What's up with them?
Post a Comment