So as most of you know I've been searching for part time jobs. I've applied everywhere that I could think of that allows me to fulfill my other obligation to building my business on the side.
Last week and the week before I sent out resumes through emails and in person. I waited a week and I started to worry whether my resume was good enough or my cover letter was good enough. I began to doubt the strength of my resume.
2 days ago, while driving back home to freshen up and recoup, I received a phone call from Becky, a bubbly individual with a very easy going personality. I had applied using craigslist to a "personnel department" that helps people find jobs without knowing. Becky laid out what was being offered: part time, 4 hours a day, 20-25 hours a week, tues-sat or sun-thurs, my asked pay ~$13+/hr, data entry work. By the end of the conversation, I had established that I liked Becky and I would have to travel to downtown for the interview. I hope they either start me early in the morning, or they start me late in the afternoon. I would hate to have to drive through rush hour. That's entirely too much stress or gas for my expectations.
Monday, February 1 2010 @ 9:30am is my interview. I hope to ace the interview and aim to acquire a second part time job. Hopefully more companies will be calling me back for interviews.
I'm aiming to ace this interview, so I can start working and at least help with some bill payments with my own cash. =) Much better than relying on others. *sigh* That's the trouble with starting your own business, going full time into a business requires time and money. Things most people don't start off in life with lots of.
Time to do two things at once, working for steady income and building a business on the side.
I've got to be great at many things. Long term goals! Pumped up, fired up, super excited!!!
xoxo
Tz
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey darling chin up and keep being a shark. They key is to never let up and stay hungry!
keep at it. you'll get there! it takes time and persistance! you can do it!!
Post a Comment