Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas: Time to spend with Family and Friends...and money. =Þ <3


Noms of the day: Oranges Peeled by Jojo!



"How was your holiday?"
FESTIVITIES
So this holiday was spectacularly eventful!  Friends, families and all sorts of fun filled chit chat chill sessions.  Jenn, Kevin, Ang, Rikkie, Kerol, Jess, Mom, Dad, Joel and I sat in my living room for New Years and played Super Mario Wii for 6 hrs.  Holy moly! It's somewhat a rerun of the past few New Years spent indoors with good company and entertainment, the only difference was my one and only Jenn was able to join this time! <3




"What did you buy?"
SHOPPING
I spent too much during boxing week on these two items that I LOVE! =3


Sweater: Artizia Wilfred Batwing Sweater ($70);
Boots: Sterling Roberto Vianni ($70)

Thanks to Jenn for encouraging me to purchase this Aritzia Wilfred Sweater. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  Most likely going to wear it more often than not. <3

The boots are dedicated to Di!  I have yet to find the thigh high ones *sad* but I'm happy to say the heel heights on these boots are more than satisfactory.  I was able to wear it for an entire day without killing my feet! <3

I'm supremely satisfied with the amount I spent this Christmas and New Years.  I propose the idea that we all do Secret Santa for the next Christmas'!  In addition to S.S. each person provides a list of wants to be distributed for S.S.!  Definitely more convenient and still holds same attention and care when presenting presents to the recipient! <3



"What are your hobbies?"
BAKING
So yesterday I tried to make Mango Coffee Cake.  Unfortunately my hand / stand mixer's motor blew right as I was at the tail end of mixing the batter.  So my plans for baking today's chewy sugar cookies will need more time in the preparation since I'll have to mix by hand / spatula.  Thankfully I don't mind physical labor so hopefully the cookies I'm about to make will turn out delish! Nom nom nom! Expect pictures of the process after I have thoroughly enjoyed baking and eating them! =P~

Food for thought: Yesterday's fiasco has taught this amateur baker a lesson, "Don't make a coffee cake that doesn't have coffee in it's ingredients."  That's right folks! I made a coffee cake with "cinnamon and all spice" as the ingredients for flavor.  In Joel's words, "It should be called cinnamon cake." If anyone has a recipe for a "light fluffy souffle-like coffee cake" then please! By all means, share with me!  I'm a stubborn baker/cook. Having failed once is enough incentive for me to try until I make it right.  Can you tell I dislike failing? XD



"What is one of your short term goals?"
CONTINUING EDUCATION
In any case, here's a fun link I've been using to expand my vocabulary a word per day.  As a part of my personal growth I want to continue to expand my vocabulary.


Enjoy! <3
xoxo
Tz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the website that you posted. A new word per day is now saved onto one of my websites!

And that sweater and boots are SO CUTE!!! <3<3<3 I wanna see those on you one day. =D